Transition Sooke is a citizen’s initiative seeking common-sense steps towards a resilient and sustainable community. Transition Sooke is part of a worldwide movement called Transition Towns that focuses on regaining control of the future of our communities by reducing:
- Dependence on fossil fuels
- Impacts of climate change
- Our vulnerability to global economic instability
- Sept. 15, 2 to 6 pm Sooke Municipal Byelection Meet the Candidates, Sooke Community Hall, 2037 Sheilds Rd. See our upcoming events page for details.
- Sept 20-27 Global Climate Strike Victoria/Lekwungen Territories https://www.ourearthourfuturevictoria.com/general-strike-september-20-27
- Sept 27 12 noon Global Climate Strike Victoria March and Street Party Legislative Lawn (start point)
- Sept 29, 10 am – 5 pm Community Action Workshop: Climate Emergency: What Can We Do? From Green New Deal Town Hall to Community Action Inspiring Speakers • Lunch Provided • Join an Action Team! Sooke Community Hall, Downstairs Dining Room More info here.
- More than 50 people attend Sooke’s Green New Deal Town Hall to search for solutions to tackle the Climate Emergency
- Dahr Jamail: Addressing Climate Disruption is a moral imperative
- EV Extravaganza Success!
- Climate Emergency – A range of actions to address climate change in the Sooke community
- Zero Waste Sooke – Citizen’s initiative to eliminate all forms of waste in the community
- Wild Wise Sooke – Keeping our wildlife wild and our citizens safe
- Sooke Region Multi-Belief Initiative – Developing a Sooke Region Compassionate Action Plan
- Pesticide Education Group – Educating the community on pesticides and their alternatives
- Book Club – Informal, friendly and lively discussions about thoughtful books on contemporary issues