Community • Resilience • Climate
Transforming to a just, sustainable society
Transition Sooke is a citizen-based, volunteer, public-interest group focused on co-creating a sustainable, resilient and secure community that meets the challenges of the climate emergency in the Sooke region.
For more information on Transition Sooke, visit here.
- May 2022 newsletter: Successful Repair Café, information by the Transition Sooke water group, movie nights and an investment in local green space: Read the newsletter here.
- Zero Waste Sooke’s Repair Café – Bring the broken stuff you love and get help fixing it! April 30, 10 am – 2 pm downstairs at the Sooke Community Hall
- Earth Day/Week – Come and visit Transition Sooke’s booth and the 606 Water Group’s displays at the opening day of the Sooke Market on April 23, 10 am – 2 pm
- April 2022 newsletter: Earth Week; OCP Open House; Zero Waste Sooke’s Repair Café; and more, Read the newsletter here.
- At our recent 2021 AGM held on March 19, 2022, Moki Tacon presented a brief history of Transition Sooke and Alan Dolan presented the highlights of 2021. The new members of the Steering Committee were acclaimed.
- Archive of previous newsletters
Council Watchdog – Transition Sooke volunteers regularly attend all District of Sooke meetings and prepare short summaries that are available here.
- Climate Emergency – A range of actions to address climate change in the Sooke community
- Zero Waste Sooke – Citizen’s initiative to eliminate all forms of waste in the community
- Wild Wise Sooke – Keeping our wildlife wild and our citizens safe
- Sooke Multi-Belief Initiative – Developing a Sooke Region Compassionate Action Plan
- Pesticide Education Group – Educating the community on pesticides and their alternatives
- Book Club – Informal, friendly and lively discussions about thoughtful books on contemporary issues