Transition Sooke is a citizen’s initiative seeking common-sense steps towards a resilient and sustainable community. Transition Sooke is part of a worldwide movement called Transition Towns that focuses on regaining control of the future of our communities by reducing:
- Dependence on fossil fuels
- Impacts of climate change
- Our vulnerability to global economic instability
For more information on Transition Sooke, visit here.
- Archive of previous newsletters
- January 2020 newsletter (Year in Review) published. View here.
- Transition Sooke sent a letter to our MLA and Premier John Horgan on Site C. Download it here.
- Transition Sooke members met with Dialog Consulting, the firm doing the Official Community Plan for Sooke. Summary of that meeting and follow-up can be found here.
- Transition Sooke’s Official Community Plan and Climate Action Team made a presentation to Sooke Council on Monday September 14.
- Council Meeting Watchdog (Transition Sooke reports on District Council meetings)
- More than 50 people attend Sooke’s Green New Deal Town Hall to search for solutions to tackle the Climate Emergency
Note: A number of Transition Sooke groups are continuing to meet via videoconferencing. For the Climate Change Emergency Teams, contact the individuals listed at the bottom of the Climate Emergency page. For other groups, please contact our general email.
- Climate Emergency – A range of actions to address climate change in the Sooke community
- Zero Waste Sooke – Citizen’s initiative to eliminate all forms of waste in the community
- Wild Wise Sooke – Keeping our wildlife wild and our citizens safe
- Sooke Multi-Belief Initiative – Developing a Sooke Region Compassionate Action Plan
- Pesticide Education Group – Educating the community on pesticides and their alternatives
- Book Club – Informal, friendly and lively discussions about thoughtful books on contemporary issues