Community • Resilience • Climate
Transforming to a just, sustainable society
Transition Sooke is a citizen-based, volunteer, public-interest group focused on co-creating a sustainable, resilient and secure community that meets the challenges of the climate emergency in the Sooke region.
For more information on Transition Sooke, visit here.
- Online Town Hall — To Grow or Not to Grow: Developing a Liveable Sooke in a Climate Emergency. July 26, 10 am – Noon. Email email@example.com for the Zoom login.
- News release: Transition Sooke is very concerned about a proposed shopping plaza in Sooke. Read here why there should be a more sustainable approach.
- June 2021 newsletter published: Upcoming online town hall by Transition Sooke about growth, Fairy Creek protests every Saturday in Sooke and Transition Sooke’s Local Economy Working Group. View here.
- The council of Sooke adopted “Low Carbon Resilience (LCR)” as its definition of “Climate First”. Read here why this approach is problematic.
- Archive of previous newsletters
Council Watchdog – Transition Sooke volunteers regularly attend all District of Sooke meetings and prepare short summaries that are available here.
- Climate Emergency – A range of actions to address climate change in the Sooke community
- Zero Waste Sooke – Citizen’s initiative to eliminate all forms of waste in the community
- Wild Wise Sooke – Keeping our wildlife wild and our citizens safe
- Sooke Multi-Belief Initiative – Developing a Sooke Region Compassionate Action Plan
- Pesticide Education Group – Educating the community on pesticides and their alternatives
- Book Club – Informal, friendly and lively discussions about thoughtful books on contemporary issues