Community • Resilience • Climate
Transforming to a just, sustainable society
Transition Sooke is a citizen-based, volunteer, public-interest group focused on co-creating a sustainable, resilient and secure community that meets the challenges of the climate emergency in the Sooke region.
For more information on Transition Sooke, visit here.
- Transition Sooke organizes a All-Candidates’ Meeting with a Twist: We call it “Speed Rating”. All questions will be delivered at small tables with only one candidate present. Read more about the event on October 2 here.
- Zero Waste Sooke’s Repair Café – Bring the broken stuff you love and get help fixing it! October 16 from 10 am to 2 pm in the large meeting room at the library.
- September 2022 newsletter: Public hearing for OCP on September 27, Transition Sooke’s municipal all-candidates’ meeting on October 2, Repair Café on October 16, Transition Sooke Takes a Stand on John Phillips Memorial Park, new Community Park Land Acquired for Juan de Fuca Electoral Area: Read the newsletter here.
- August 2022 newsletter: Upcoming council elections, potluck for Sooke’s Climate Action Coordinator Maia Carolsfeld, EMCS Solar Garden Project, a trip across Canada by EV, Member Lily Mah-Sen’s open letter about ICBC rebate: Read the newsletter here.
- June 2022 newsletter: Important Council Committee of the Whole Meeting, the purchase of Admiral’s Forest, a new solar working group in Sooke and a book recommendation: Read the newsletter here.
- Archive of previous newsletters
Council Watchdog – Transition Sooke volunteers regularly attend all District of Sooke meetings and prepare short summaries that are available here.
- Climate Emergency – A range of actions to address climate change in the Sooke community
- Zero Waste Sooke – Citizen’s initiative to eliminate all forms of waste in the community
- Sooke Multi-Belief Initiative – Developing a Sooke Region Compassionate Action Plan
- Pesticide Education Group – Educating the community on pesticides and their alternatives
- Book Club – Informal, friendly and lively discussions about thoughtful books on contemporary issues