Community • Resilience • Climate
Transforming to a just, sustainable society
Transition Sooke is a citizen-based, volunteer, public-interest group focused on co-creating a sustainable, resilient and secure community that meets the challenges of the climate emergency in the Sooke region.
For more information on Transition Sooke, visit here.
- Transition Sooke made a major submission to the engagement process for Sooke’s draft Official Community Plan (OCP). The document was developed by the OCP and Climate Emergency Team. See details here.
- October 2021 newsletter published: Transition Sooke at community events, push for a potential Sooke Ban on Cosmetic Use of Pesticides, support for Council’s passing of the Climate Change Mitigation strategy, the “7% Solution”, and good news from Fairy Creek. See details here.
- September 2021 newsletter published: 100 Debates on Environment, Health and Climate, West Coast Climate Action Network and Last Stand: Old Growth Forest and the Fairy Creek Ecosystem. See details here.
- Transition Sooke supports EMCS ECO Academy with $1,000 bursary. See details here.
- Archive of previous newsletters
Council Watchdog – Transition Sooke volunteers regularly attend all District of Sooke meetings and prepare short summaries that are available here.
- Climate Emergency – A range of actions to address climate change in the Sooke community
- Zero Waste Sooke – Citizen’s initiative to eliminate all forms of waste in the community
- Wild Wise Sooke – Keeping our wildlife wild and our citizens safe
- Sooke Multi-Belief Initiative – Developing a Sooke Region Compassionate Action Plan
- Pesticide Education Group – Educating the community on pesticides and their alternatives
- Book Club – Informal, friendly and lively discussions about thoughtful books on contemporary issues