Community • Resilience • Climate
Transforming to a just, sustainable society
Transition Sooke is a citizen-based, volunteer, public-interest group focused on co-creating a sustainable, resilient and secure community that meets the challenges of the climate emergency in the Sooke region.
For more information on Transition Sooke, visit here.
- Transition Sooke launches OCP Video Stars!
- January 2020 newsletter (Year in Review) published. View here.
- Transition Sooke sent a letter to our MLA and Premier John Horgan on Site C. Download it here.
- Transition Sooke members met with Dialog Consulting, the firm doing the Official Community Plan for Sooke. Summary of that meeting and follow-up can be found here.
- Transition Sooke’s Official Community Plan and Climate Action Team made a presentation to Sooke Council on Monday September 14.
- Council Meeting Watchdog (Transition Sooke reports on District Council meetings)
- More than 50 people attend Sooke’s Green New Deal Town Hall to search for solutions to tackle the Climate Emergency
- Archive of previous newsletters
- Climate Emergency – A range of actions to address climate change in the Sooke community
- Zero Waste Sooke – Citizen’s initiative to eliminate all forms of waste in the community
- Wild Wise Sooke – Keeping our wildlife wild and our citizens safe
- Sooke Multi-Belief Initiative – Developing a Sooke Region Compassionate Action Plan
- Pesticide Education Group – Educating the community on pesticides and their alternatives
- Book Club – Informal, friendly and lively discussions about thoughtful books on contemporary issues