Community • Resilience • Climate
Transforming to a just, sustainable society
Transition Sooke is a citizen-based, volunteer, public-interest group focused on co-creating a sustainable, resilient and secure community that meets the challenges of the climate emergency in the Sooke region.
For more information on Transition Sooke, visit here.
- About 40 people attended our online Town Hall “To Grow or Not to Grow: Developing a Liveable Sooke in a Climate Emergency” on June 26. Find out more here.
- July 2021 newsletter published: Online Town Hall about Sooke’s growth, concerns about the Eustace Road Development and Climate Emergency. View here.
- Transition Sooke’s Local Economy Working Group made a presentation to the Community Economic Development Committee of Council on June 25, 2021. See details here.
- News release: Transition Sooke is very concerned about a proposed shopping plaza in Sooke. Read here why there should be a more sustainable approach.
- Archive of previous newsletters
Council Watchdog – Transition Sooke volunteers regularly attend all District of Sooke meetings and prepare short summaries that are available here.
- Climate Emergency – A range of actions to address climate change in the Sooke community
- Zero Waste Sooke – Citizen’s initiative to eliminate all forms of waste in the community
- Wild Wise Sooke – Keeping our wildlife wild and our citizens safe
- Sooke Multi-Belief Initiative – Developing a Sooke Region Compassionate Action Plan
- Pesticide Education Group – Educating the community on pesticides and their alternatives
- Book Club – Informal, friendly and lively discussions about thoughtful books on contemporary issues