Community • Resilience • Climate
Transforming to a just, sustainable society
Transition Sooke is a citizen-based, volunteer, public-interest group focused on co-creating a sustainable, resilient and secure community that meets the challenges of the climate emergency in the Sooke region.
For more information on Transition Sooke, visit here.
- May 2023 newsletter: Transition Sooke activities on Earth Day with the 606 water group and Zero Waste Sooke, upcoming Jigsaw Puzzle and Board Game swap with Zero Waste Sooke on May 28, and “The Rain Gauge #3”. Read the newsletter here.
- April 2023 newsletter: Transition Sooke’s “The Time is Now: Building Community Resilience Together“ Forum, was a success, Jigsaw Puzzle & Board Game Swap on Sunday, May 28 by Zero Waste Sooke and the Sooke branch of VI Regional Library and Earth Week Events April 19-22, 2023. Read the newsletter here.
- Wednesday March 22 – Transition Sooke held its 2022 Annual General Meeting as a hybrid meeting (library in-person/online Zoom). Members passed the yearly financial report and approved the minutes for the 2021 AGM. Alan Dolan made a presentation on the highlights of 2022. Thanks were given to all the directors on the present Steering Committee. Four directors of the present committee were acclaimed — Lily Mah-Sen, Susan Belford, Jo Phillips, and Alan Dolan. One new Director was acclaimed — Paula Johanson.
- Saturday March 25 – Come visit Transition Sooke’s table at the annual “Seedy Saturday” event at the Sooke Community Hall, 10 am – 3 pm.
- Sunday March 26 – 10 am – 3:30 pm. Public Forum. The Time Is Now: Building Community Resilience Together. Sooke Community Hall. The forum gets underway at 10 am with a keynote address by Gord Baird, Highlands councillor, Chair of the CRD Regional Water Commission, farmer, and consultant on regenerative water and sewage systems. In the afternoon, there will be small group discussions on a broad range of topics including; tiny homes, zero waste, car sharing co-ops, climate anxiety and council advocacy.
- Archive of previous newsletters
We don’t charge for membership but donations will be gratefully accepted! Information on how to donate here.
- Climate Emergency – A range of actions to address climate change in the Sooke community
- Zero Waste Sooke – Citizen’s initiative to eliminate all forms of waste in the community
- Pesticide Education Group – Educating the community on pesticides and their alternatives